Another fruit cake you’ll say, eh? But I just can’t let the amazing plethora of summer fruit pass by just like that. Without a dessert tribute at least!
I was too lazy to bake muffins or flip the pancakes so I went an easier route. My favorite buttermilk cake route. I know I have given you this and this this month but this recipe is different from those. Of course it uses buttermilk but it tastes like a cross between muffins and pancakes without having to actually make them! How do you like that! 😉
Just like my previous recipes, this recipe does not require electric mixer and the batter comes together in like 5 minutes total. Seriously! The result is fluffy and tender cake like a perfect pancake should be!
So how this cake is different from my previous buttermilk cakes? The batter resembles the pancake batter unlike my previous recipes. So no heavy duty mixing for this cake. In fact, you leave the lumps in the batter. Only gentle folding does the job. Another difference is.. Unlike topping the cake with the fruits in our previous recipe, we fold in the fruit in the batter to get peach in every bite! Yum!!
It’s a gorgeous weather in Bangalore today, I’m having a slice of it while writing this and I just can’t tell you how good it tastes the next day too! I had one slice with the dusting of confectioner’s sugar and another with vanilla ice-cream.. Delicious both ways!
You can replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to make it healthier. Rest, you just got to deal with the sugar! 😛
You have to make this!!! Just be sure to use ripe peaches. Peel them, remove the pit, chop in a bite-sized pieces and you’re ready.. Only 2-3 peaches required!
Fresh Peach Fluffy Pancakes Cake
Prep time: 5-10 mins | Baking time: 35-40 mins
Yields: 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt, a pinch
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 medium peaches, peeled, thinly sliced (or a combo of stone-fruits)
- Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line 8×8 inches square baking dish with a foil and grease it.
- In a large bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg and sugar together. Add buttermilk, yogurt, oil, vanilla and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients slowly and fold in gently. If you get lumps in better t is all right.
- Gently fold in peach cubes. Bake for 35-40 minutes or till the top and sides are golden and toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Let the cake cool in a baking dish for half hour. Slice it and dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve it plain or along with ice-cream.